Symptoms of the Deadly Stomach Cancer Disease: Stomach cancer or gastric cancer is caused when cancer cells start growing in the stomach’s inner lining. Stomach cancer symptoms do not usually appear in the early stages so it is difficult to diagnose. Most of the times, when symptoms appear, they look like less serious health problems, […]
Symptoms of the Deadly Stomach Cancer Disease:
Stomach cancer or gastric cancer is caused when cancer cells start growing in the stomach’s inner lining. Stomach cancer symptoms do not usually appear in the early stages so it is difficult to diagnose. Most of the times, when symptoms appear, they look like less serious health problems, like heartburn or indigestion. These symptoms are very common. However, it is best to have a good knowledge about the stomach cancer symptoms and the risk factors.
Stomach cancer symptoms to look out for
There are various symptoms of stomach cancer that can be identified if you observe closely. Following is a list of some of the symptoms of stomach cancer that can be seen:
- Abdominal pain or discomfort – continued pain in abdomen or feeling of discomfort
- Fatigue – weakness and fatigue feeling all the time
- Diarrhea and constipation – persistent constipation or diarrhea
- Bloody or black stools – blood in stools or black colored stools
- Loss of appetite – reduced hunger
- Weight loss – losing weight without any diet
- Vomiting and nausea – persistent feeling of nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal swelling or bloating – feeling of bloating or swelling in the abdomen
- Indigestion, heartburn or ulcer symptoms – regularly feeling heartburn, indigestion and symptoms of ulcer
- Feeling full after taking small amounts of food – fullness in stomach after taking small amount of food
If you see these symptoms, it does not always mean you have cancer. However, if these symptoms are persistent and getting worse, then you must see a doctor as soon as possible. This will help in detecting cancer at the very beginning stage.
When the cancerous cells grow further, you may face some serious symptoms. These include:
- Blood in stool – persistent spotting of blood in your stool
- Weight loss without even trying – losing weight suddenly without any reason
- Heartburn – continuous heartburn
- Vomiting – frequent vomiting
- Yellowish skin and eyes – severe condition of jaundice
- Weakness – persistent feeling of weakness and fatigue
- Trouble while swallowing food – difficulty and discomfort while swallowing
- Stomach pain – persistent and severe stomach pain
- Stomach swelling – swelling of stomach
- Constipation and diarrhea – persistent condition of diarrhea or constipation
It is very important to understand the early signs and symptoms of stomach cancer because it will help you get the diagnosis done in the early stages. If identified early, then you can be treated for it early and even get cured. If you ignore the early signs, there are chances that the condition may get worse and cancer will be diagnosed only in the advanced stages. This can greatly lower the success rate of the treatment and even be fatal.
Stomach cancer and any other kind of cancer must be detected in their early stages if treatment must be successful. You should always be aware of what is happening and consult the doctor even when you have the slightest doubt. This will help in better treatment and curing of the deadly disease.