Must Know Symptoms of Stomach Cancer Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, is the formation of cancerous cells within the stomach’s lining. It is said that stomach cancer is very difficult to diagnose because most people with this type of cancer at an early stage do not show any major symptoms. However, when the […]
Must Know Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer, is the formation of cancerous cells within the stomach’s lining. It is said that stomach cancer is very difficult to diagnose because most people with this type of cancer at an early stage do not show any major symptoms. However, when the symptoms occur later, they can be seen to some extent. It is important to identify such symptoms and the time duration for which they last. If not, it can lead to advanced stages, causing high risks.
So what are the Symptoms of Stomach Cancer?
Though not so prominent at early stages, we can list down the symptoms of early stage stomach cancer as follows:
- Heartburn or Indigestion – frequent feeling of heartburn or indigestion
- Nausea, Vomiting – feeling nauseous and vomiting of solid food as soon as you eat may be due to stomach cancer
- Loss of Appetite and weight loss – loss of appetite can also be a symptom of stomach cancer (sometimes along with weight loss)
- Discomfort and pain in the abdomen – if you have continuous pain or discomfort in the abdomen, you must get checked for cancer
- Bloating of stomach after every meal – getting a bloated, heavy feeling after meals
- Diarrhea or constipation – having frequent constipation or diarrhea can be a symptom of stomach cancer
- Sensation of food stuck in throat – if you feel that food is stuck in the throat every time you eat, it may be an early stage of stomach cancer
- Early satiety – feeling full just after taking a few morsels
- Stomach pain – continued stomach pain means you need to get checked
- Jaundice – if you have yellow coloring of eyes and skin, it is jaundice and you may have stomach cancer
Some of the symptoms of advanced stages of stomach cancer include:
- Sudden, unexplained weight loss – if you are losing weight all of a sudden, then you need to get checked
- Weakness and Fatigue – excessive fatigue and feeling of weakness can be a symptom of stomach cancer
- Vomiting blood or Bloody stool – you must definitely see a doctor if you see blood in your stool or while vomiting, it may be the next stage of stomach cancer
Why know the Symptoms of Stomach Cancer?
It is necessary to have a good knowledge of the causes, symptoms, effects and preventive measures of stomach cancer. Understanding these things helps us be alert and get diagnosed at the right time. If you do not take enough care, your cancer cells will multiply and cause further damage, leading you to the advanced stages of cancer. It can be fatal because it cannot be treated. So it is best to take precautions, stay alert and understand everything about stomach cancer.
There need not be a specific reason for developing cancerous cells. Sometimes it happens by itself and all you can do is get diagnosed at the earliest. This will not only benefit you but also your near and dear ones who love you with all their heart.